Tuesday, November 15, 2011

FIRST LIGHT: A lighting workshop at the historic Preston Castle with photojournalist Carl Costas.

All photographs begin with light. It doesn't matter if it comes from a substation downtown or from the heavens above. We will learn how to see, shape, and direct light into simply beautiful images during this one day training session. This will be a fun and fast paced learning environment, with a heavy emphasis placed on recognizing, understanding, and controlling light.

Saturday, November 26, we will have the distinct pleasure of holding the workshop at the historic Preston Castle. Originally constructed in 1890, the colors, textures, and history of this location provide a perfect backdrop for beautiful photographs.

Space is limited to 15 attendees. Click here to register now

About Carl Costas:

I spent thirteen years honing my craft in newspaper newsrooms like the Sacramento Bee. Before becoming a photographer, I was a sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. After serving beside some of the bravest people I've ever met, I traded my weapon for a camera -- and learned about myself. Since that time the camera has taken me around the world and into the lives of countless beautiful people.

The portfolio: carlcostas.com

Under the hood: carlcostas.com/blog

Fly on the wall: Behind the scenes of a photoshoot with an NBA star

No comments: